What is ERP?
ERP is a EUR 1bn fund of funds ("ERP - EIF Dachfonds") investing in venture capital funds focusing mainly on German based, high-tech early and development stage companies. Even though those funds are not restricted to invest solely in German companies, the main focus of investments should be in Germany. ERP covers all technology areas (ICT, Life Sciences, energy-related, emerging and converging technologies).
EIF manages the facility on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi) and the European Recovery Programme (ERP).
- seeks attractive financial returns
- helps structuring and improving the business proposition of VC teams
- is a pari passu cornerstone investor for commercially viable teams
- promotes best industry practice (fund structures, governance)
- provides a catalytic role through high quality due diligence process
- is a network gate for VCs through EIF's large portfolio
- is a reliable and active investor adding value throughout the investment process
What are ERP's investment criteria?
ERP aims at investing in independent fund management teams with complementary Venture Capital, technology and industry experience having an office in Germany. EIF may not participate in funds where public funding (incl. EIF) is expected to exceed 50% of the fund's funding, after its target fundraising level is achieved.
How to contact us