MDD (Mezzanine Dachfonds für Deutschland) is a EUR 100m investment programme co-financed by BMWi, LfA Förderbank and NRW.BANK and managed by EIF.
MDD targets hybrid debt/equity fund investments in Germany and its objective is to soften the impact of the “wall of debt” experienced by many German mid-caps.
Are you a fund manager interested in partnering with us under MDD?
- The funds in which EIF invests under LfA must invest exclusively in SMEs
Independent fund management teams with complementary Venture Capital, technology and industry experience
- Coherent fund strategy taking into account the know-how of the team as well as fund size and the geographic, industrial and technological focus of the fund
- Commercially viable fund sizes for team stability and the fund's shooting power concerning investments and follow-on financing needs
- Appropriate incentive for the whole team
- Pari-passu treatment of all investors
- Fund should follow commercial investment approach
- Clear legal, tax structure, market standard terms and conditions
EIF may not participate in funds where funding from non-market-oriented investors exceeds 50% of the fund's total funding (excluding EIF).
For more information on how to submit an investment proposal to EIF see: EIF for Venture Capital & Private Equity funds