Fixed-term contract of three (3) years
The incumbent assumes the responsibility of organizing and developing the liquidity management function for EIF’s mandates and ensure effective and efficient risk-return treasury solutions contributing to the achievement of the Fund’s objectives. The Liquidity Officer reports to the Head of Financial Accounting, who in turn reports to the Head of Finance. S/he will work in close relation with all Finance Units – and will maintain contacts with other EIF/EIB services as well as the banking community.
- Contribute to the establishment of the liquidity management process for the Mandates managed by the Fund Design and implement the internal processes, procedures and controls;
- Actively participate in the development, testing and implementation of a liquidity management IT tool;
- Assume responsibility for the drafting and the implementation of a specific liquidity management policy ;
- Establish effective internal and external reporting system;
- Actively participate in the elaboration of strategies for the mandates’ liquidity management by:
- Analysing liquidity needs, cash flow forecasts;
- Identifying, recommending and developing new business opportunities in close interaction with RBD, TRM and RMM in order to enhance risk/return on liquidity management and to keep the Mandates’ liquidity management in line with market developments;
- Execute, with a large degree of autonomy and initiative, standard deals in liquidity management area for the short term portfolio, including:
- Money market transactions;
- Foreign exchange position (Spot and Forward).
- Manage relationships with front and back office colleagues to enable efficient end-to-end completion of liquidity management processes, and maintain business relationships with external counterparties.
- University degree preferably at postgraduate level in finance, economics, mathematics or related subject;
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience of which 3 a similar role, ideally within a financial institution;
- Professional qualifications (e.g. CFA. CAIA) would be considered as an advantage;
- Knowledge of international Money markets and good understanding of Financial markets;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
- Ability to organise work, set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to manage projects and set up processes;
- Team worker with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Performance and business oriented;
- Rigour and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Sense of initiative and problem-solving approach;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- High levels of commitment, flexibility and initiative.
Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will receive a formal reply.
Deadline for applications: